I spent the entire day, and part of the evening, cleaning (and painting) my garage. Where on earth did all of that stuff come from? I had a few things I didn’t even recognize! And why do I need all this junk? I got rid of several SUV loads of stuff, donated to the thrift store over the past couple of months, but there’s still so much left. My garage is a catch all for all the junk I don’t want in the house, and as much as I wish we had basements here, it’s probably a good thing that we don’t. For me, that would be more space to clutter up.
I came to several conclusions yesterday:
- I’m sore. That was a lot of work.
- I have too much stuff, a lot of it being art supplies.
- Plastic tubs are bad, as it hides your stuff.
- Stuff breeds. Biologically impossible? I think not.
- Our 95 degree cold front did not cool off my west-facing garage.
- I want it done! 🙂